[Cin] A few questions about cinelerra-gg

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Apr 14 12:40:26 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 12:33:48 PM CEST, mnieuw--- via Cin wrote:
> Thanks, that makes it clear. If I understand correctly, to
> translate into video editor terms:
> either 1) Per track setting and indication how many times a
> frame is duplicated to the output (1-3 times). Have you looked
> at the F_framerate or ReframeRT video effects?
> or     2) A video import option that does just that,
> duplicating frames as specified. This is available for images,
> where each imported image is specified to take up xx time
> (Settings->Preferences->Interface). Not quite the same as
> frames, unless the frame rate is fixed and known beforehand.
>
> Option 2) (reframe during import) would make cut/paste easier, I think.
> Phyllis, any ideas if such a thing is possible?

You approach this from a technical perspective, it is not. It is a creative
and informational aspect with implications. For example imagine a timeline
where you can visually see that the same image is projected twice, imagine
a timecode which marks A, B, C for duplicated images. Potentially the
ability to mark a frame as a 2 or 3. Perfect alignment between tracks (not
the nasty subframe stuff we discussed before on the bugtracker where
Cinelerra is famous for and gets an entire project out of alignment).

--
Stefan