[Cin] A few questions about cinelerra-gg

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Wed Apr 14 12:33:48 CEST 2021

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 21:50:38 +0200
Stefan de Konink via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Things about ones, and twos... (marking for example that it is the
> same image duplicated)
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MDprx3tOU>
>
> What scene are we in. Just basic stuff that you would want to have on
> any serious production, including timecodes.

Thanks, that makes it clear. If I understand correctly, to translate into video editor terms:
either 1) Per track setting and indication how many times a frame is duplicated to the output (1-3 times). Have you looked at the F_framerate or ReframeRT video effects?
or     2) A video import option that does just that, duplicating frames as specified. This is available for images, where each imported image is specified to take up xx time (Settings->Preferences->Interface). Not quite the same as frames, unless the frame rate is fixed and known beforehand.

Option 2) (reframe during import) would make cut/paste easier, I think.
Phyllis, any ideas if such a thing is possible?

MatN