[Cin] offtopic: blender video rendering script

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 15:06:41 CEST 2021

On Sunday, August 1, 2021, Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> The script of fary54 has 2 great merits: it uses an optimal number of
> cores that make the rendering 4 times faster without raising too much
> the T; it allows to use the work done in CinGG (thanks to the render
> farm) with the encoding done through external ffmpeg (that is more
> efficient than the internal one).
> @Andrew
> do you think it's possible to integrate it in CinGG (shell commands)
> and maybe make it more general allowing to choose more codecs, etc?
> Maybe taking a cue from the Python script you mentioned!
> Because of my incompetence I can't get fary54's script to work on my
> CinGG, and I don't understand the cause.

sadly, just renderfarm doesn't work as I assume it should work here on
single machine, but this very well might be termux-specific error...

not sure about integration, because we need to tell external ffmpeg to use
different codec from one used for piping video to ext. ffmpeg...

but i'll think (and experiment) about it more!