[Cin] Test rendering whit x265

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 02:39:55 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The build was done without errors.
> But I'm not good at testing a patch, with 69 patches I really don't
> know what to do.
> Maybe it would be better to introduce the Cinelerra-CV method, in
> which you test single patch (or at least on a single feature), and
> then the result of the tests is discussed and possibly implemented.
> Only after that we move on to other patches....
> What do you think?

yeah..

I think 0066 from this series should work even with ffmpeg 4.3...
it should fix (hide?) those error messages at the end of fast encoding..

then you can test 0067/68  duo..

you already tested 0069 (but it alters historical behavior)

then you can look into testing 0063 (just small build optimization)

then test 0044 whith as many avi files as you can (esp. big dv files with
audio, i had some on my hdd from year 2006-11, seeking was broken there.
this hack fixed them for me, by applying same seeking workaround as mkv)

then 0042 - should be simple in that it adds exr sequence as format for
background render

0041 should provide some speedup on reverse fast playback of i-only files
(think ffv1?)

0039 may provide some decoding/encoding speedup in ffmpeg on your machine
(cpu not capped to 8) but might break non-ffmpeg encoders like mpeg2 (watch
out for this)

0034 should give you gui format (pixels) selection in ffmpeg/yuv4mpeg
muxer, good for piping non-4.2.0/8 bit data to external ffmpeg, watch out
for hw acceleration breackage (should not happen but better to test) ..

0033 stamps output (mov/mxfmmpeg?) with timecode of playback position at
the time of encode on timeline - not sure how useful, but by manually
offsetting timecode start you can easily make wideos with different startv
timecode. watch out for dvd/bd creation breackage! (I think it dislikes
non-0 start timecode)

enough for now, other patches at least buildable on x86..