[Cin] Test rendering whit x265

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:52:55 CEST 2021

On Monday, August 16, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Checked into GIT 0042-Add-openEXR-format-for-background-render.patch from
> randrik15 (or 0044 from randrik14)
>    -- this adds EXR Sequence as a choice in Settings->Preferences,
> Performance tab, for Background Rendering File Format
> Checked into GIT 0063-libvpx-disable-examples-and-unit-tests.patchfrom
> randrik15 (or 0065 from randrik14)
>    -- this disables building unit-tests and examples in libvpx, thus
> saving quite a lot of disk space and some time
>    -- this required a change to the "multibit" compile patch to apply that
> patch correctly to thirdparty/Makefile
>
> Maybe it would be better to introduce the Cinelerra-CV method, in which
>> you test single patch (or at least on a single feature), and
>> then the result of the tests is discussed and possibly implemented. Only
>> after that we move on to other patches....
>> What do you think?
>>
> It is hard to keep up with Andrew's changes, but glad to have them so
> CinGG improves and keeps up with the library releases.
> It would be easier to get one at a time though.
>
> For example as long as I was applying the 0063 patch, I had to check  (1)
> 0032-Add-multilib-x265-slower-compilation-but-you-can-ren.patch (initial
> patch which was checked in as compile_multibit.patch to prevent confusion),
> (2) 0060-Add-x265-3.5-multilib-patch3-should-be-faster-at-com.patch
> (which seemed to remove "make"), (3) 0061-x265-patch3-was-malformed.patch
> (which only seemed to add "make -j 1" back for 32-bit) and (4)
> 0064-sigh-i-deleted-make-in-x265_3.5.patch3-restored.patch (which was
> such an interesting name !! and replaced "make -j 1 with "make").  Needless
> to say, I got a little lost.

yeah, sorry ( there is git method for uniting few patches, but I haven't
tried it yet..

> FFmpeg 4.4 update - the freelancer who "supposedly" had a fix for bluray
> patch2, got Covid and today said he was recuperating but still sent to
> fix.  Another freelancer who "supposedly" knows ffmpeg, is looking at the
> problem but does not expect a quick fix.  Bummer.

ow, covid sounds bad ( thankfully programming is one of those activities
you can do from home, still... there ususally some need  for food and
household items..

so,  stay safe!