[Cin] oh, I see ffmpeg 4.4 in?

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 10:57:46 CEST 2021

Video Transition:
Forgive me, I'm so stupid I hadn't thought of the obvious. Thank you
Andrew for your patience. All video transitions work fine, I was only
not seeing their effect because I was cutting (X) one same edit and
thus its continuity did not show the effect of the transition. Excuse
me!

Expanders.txt:
I remember that even the first time expanders.txt was introduced I had
broken the formatting with some changes. I use Kwrite for plain text;
apparently it has different support for text encodings than what is
used in expanders.txt

Cinepak:
Cinepak works and gets to the end of the rendering. Only on my system
it is so slow that it seems to freeze and not work. It took me 8 min
to render a 9 second video! With the other codecs it takes me about
4-9 seconds.... (Note: ffmpeg-4.4 adds encoding to new formats:
cineform HD; SpeedHQ and PFM. I'll try to make some presets later).

Last frame rendering:
The video (290 frames) with the last red frame, was rendered in CinGG.
Then it was re-imported in CinGG and the last red frame is visible;
the frame count is right: always 290 frames. Even with external playes
the last red frame is visible. I would say it's a counting problem,
but the result is right. So for me it is OK.

[There's too much confusion in my head lately; I better take a break....]