[Cin] New AppImage release with mostly only changes for Android/Termux builds

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:12:30 CET 2021

On Thursday, December 2, 2021, Andrea paz via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> @MatN
> QEMU vm configuration (I left the default):
>
> - Hypervisor: KVM (strange: I had read that for 32-bit guests KVM
> could not work)

quite nice when you get _more_ than you hoped for. May be this line about
not supporting 32-bit guests  was about arm/ppc cpus {less-used
combinations tend to break in qemu}

> - CPU Model:  EPYC-Rome (I wish! I actually have a Ryzen 3700X)

for me 32-bit crash only happened on ssse3-less cpu models, like early
coreduo (not core2duo!). Not sure if Cin built on this processor will
survive such virtual downgrade, but then hopefully you can rebuilt it with
new cpu setting fast enough.

Also, I never tried virtualbox for any prolonged time, so I do not know
what kind of cpu it emulates... If roughly the same as host cpu - then
crash bug will not happen by default on new enough hosts...