[Cin] Blu-ray compliant MPEG-2 SD video with LPCM audio

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 00:17:57 CET 2021

Den 03.12.2021 23:52, skrev Terje J. Hanssen:

> Den 03.12.2021 18:53, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>

>> On Friday, December 3, 2021, Terje J. Hanssen
>> <terjejhanssen at gmail.com <mailto:terjejhanssen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     DVD+R
>>     I tried to follow the same procedure that works for DVD+RW
>>     Tools > Burn (CD-)image
>>     Select ISO file
>>     "Type of image file is not recognizable. Do you want to burn it
>>     anyway?"
>>     Yes
>>     Start
>> https://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2015/04/how-to-burn-iso-dvd-with-k3b.html
>> <https://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2015/04/how-to-burn-iso-dvd-with-k3b.html>
>>     But for some reasons it won't burn on DVD+R, just starts to
>>     destroy the disc (not empty on a new test)
>>
>>     Attach the last.log from K3b (missing privilegies?)
>>

>> I googled this error with cdrecord and then there was google groups
>> forum with recommendation on upgrading cdrecord
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.brenner/c/PnKNB8ppTR4
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.brenner/c/PnKNB8ppTR4>
>>

>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/schily-2021-01-05.tar.bz2/download
>> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/schily-2021-01-05.tar.bz2/download>
>>

> ATAPI DVD burner:
> As an update, I have now tested K3b burning on my second workstation
> (Supermicro) with a DVD burner type ATAPI, also scsi. Got success with
> all three disc types, DVD+RW, DVD+R and DVD-R burning the iso image
> the same way.
> The Samsung UBD Blu-ray player doesn't accept the DVD+/-R discs either.
> For now I just attach the log files from burning the DVD+/-R, and can
> add media output if of any interest.

Update 5/12:

BD-RE 2x 50GB disc (TDK)
BD-R 6x 25GB disc (Verbatim)

K3b with the Blu-ray burner wrote the iso file OK to both discs without
failure.
OK playback video and audio with VLC from BD-R/RE discs without stuttering.

Samsung UBD Bluray player accepted the discs and started auto playback
The video image was quite distorted (green/grey/white mosaic flickering)
Tried to change player's Auto image setting, resolution etc without solving.

Will try to change ffmpegs encoding profile and/or color depth next.
At least the PCM audio could be hearing and played OK from BD-R/RE discs :)

Terje J. H
'