[Cin] BD subtitles <> dvd subtitles

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:55:36 CET 2021

Den 10.12.2021 15:12, skrev Andrea paz via Cin:
> Indeed the subtitles section is lacking; but I don't have the
> knowledge to improve it. Could you (Andrew, Terje or whoever uses
> subtitles) write the section in more detail even with step-by-step
> guides and references to external programs (and tsmuxer and mp4box)?
> Then Phyllis and I will take it to Latex. You can write as much as you
> like, with no length limit.

Yes, subtitles and menus is something I have to learn and try next.

Among the ressources I'll continue to read is "AfterDawn's Blu-ray
Encoding Tutorial Lessons" (1-10).
Yes they are Win/Mac- related but also some free tools are mentioned.
Lessons 8-10 and possibly 2, beside their forum posts, are actual stuff
here to get generic knowledge of these topics
https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/afterdawn_blu-ray_encoding_tutorial_lesson_8-convert_text_subtitles_to_images.cfm
https://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/blu-ray-encoding-tutorial-official-discussion.742585/

At the same time, I also found "Afterdawn Digital Video Fundamentals -
MPEG-2 Encoding" guide useful
https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/digital_video_fundamentals-mpeg-2_encoding.cfm

Terje J. H