[Cin] BD subtitles <> dvd subtitles

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:10:38 CET 2021

On Friday, December 10, 2021, Terje J. Hanssen via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Den 10.12.2021 15:12, skrev Andrea paz via Cin:
>
>> Indeed the subtitles section is lacking; but I don't have the knowledge
>> to improve it. Could you (Andrew, Terje or whoever uses subtitles) write
>> the section in more detail even with step-by-step guides and references to
>> external programs (and tsmuxer and mp4box)? Then Phyllis and I will take it
>> to Latex. You can write as much as you like, with no length limit.
>>

> Yes, subtitles and menus is something I have to learn and try next.
>
> Among the ressources I'll continue to read is "AfterDawn's Blu-ray
> Encoding Tutorial Lessons" (1-10).
> Yes they are Win/Mac- related but also some free tools are mentioned.
> Lessons 8-10 and possibly 2, beside their forum posts, are actual stuff
> here to get generic knowledge of these topics
> https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/afterdawn_blu-ray_
> encoding_tutorial_lesson_8-convert_text_subtitles_to_images.cfm
> https://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/blu-ray-encoding-tutori
> al-official-discussion.742585/

yeah.. while they not covered yet actual menu creation software for BD ...
this can be quite, um.. uneasy according to this:

https://temporary.directory/blog/1.html

at some point there was incomplete patchset for de/muxing those igs streams
for libav

https://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-devel/2012-June/028590.html

now libav is ffmpeg again... May be I'll try to contact developer if his
email still reachable...