[Cin] 2 little issue

Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux rafamar.mm.ig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:37:37 CET 2021

I asked the person who made this button and he told me that this "error"
only indicates that we have opened firefox from the Cinelerra shell,
because the application is closed, and that when closing it, it warns us
that we will no longer receive messages of this application.

The good thing about using xdg-open is that this command frees the shell
without human interaction, in fact if you open firefox from this call
button and close Cinelerra, firefox will remain open.

He told me that if in a terminal we execute the command:
xdg-open http://www.cinelerra-gg.org
With the browser closed, this will open it, open the indicated page and the
terminal will be free to execute other commands. The same will happen with
Cinelerra. But the "system" option that is used to launch this option with
this line warns that the process will no longer show messages, because it
has been launched from cinelerra and cinelerra will remain open and firefox
has closed.

I also asked him why this did not happen in other calls that do use
$CIN_BROWSER and he replied that in order to answer this question I should
study the Cinelerra code in depth and that now I did not have time for this
task.

He also told me that his solution is generic in C and that it will work
without creating any problems for Cinelerra, but that if those responsible
do not like it, it is best not to use it. In these cases, it is best to
find another person, with more time, to provide a more satisfactory
solution for those responsible.