[Cin] automatic save of

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 03:53:42 CET 2021

В сообщении от Monday 18 January 2021 05:10:48 Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux via Cin написал(а):
> @Reuss András
> Your work works perfect, I have needed help to be able to pass the
> information that you have put in your text file to the original files. I
> don't know about programming. Once like this I have compiled and installed
> the program and it has worked correctly.
>
> Phyllis Smit should see this good work.
>
> I do not know if there is a limit of files that are created, I have played
> with this and I have created more than 100.
> Is it possible to define the creation of these files with a limit?
> For example 50 backup files, I think that with this figure anyone could
> recover the project from it.

Well, if those copies done on  each editing operation this will mean
you have max 50 editing steps back.
But I agree limiting it to some saner number will be improvement.

I think I already saw some mtime (modification time?) reading in mwindow.C

int MWindow::load_plugin_index() here .....

> And now a proposal if it is not to abuse your programming knowledge.
> Is it possible, for example, to create in the same folder where we have the
> xml file two or three backup files?
> This is very frequent in this type of application, Adobe makes 5 copies by
> default, the oldest is deleted and a new one is added to the list. In the
> application preferences you can choose the number of copies and how often
> they are created. Even in a sudden shutdown the last backup can be more
> recent than the project file if the autosave time is longer than the backup
> time. Blender does this too.
>
> It's just an idea, I don't like to abuse anyone's time, but something like
> this would be wonderful at Cinelerra GG.
>
> And then there is the problem of a BatchRender option that could be kept if
> it does not overwrite the current file and make a copy of it, with a number
> for example, in order to never lose our project due to a wrong click.

Note, I already added warning to this operation and option to hide it in
runtime altogether ...

Patches usually applied with 'patch'

in cin source folder

git apply -v /path/to/patchfile.diff

or

cat /path/to/patchfile.diff | patch -v -p1 (or p0)

it should report failures or success on patching.