[Cin] exportEDL, timecode patches

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 04:27:33 CEST 2021

On Friday, July 9, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> OK, checked into GIT, the export edl patches for CMX3600 generation.
>
> Andrea, if you have time, could you rebuild just to make sure everything
> compiles OK for you (and maybe try to load into another NLE to see if you
> have more success or if we just do not know how to do it.
>
> Andrew, you should check my work because there were a lot of patches and
> then patches to the patches, and I am easily confused.  So in the end, I
> believe I got it right.  Here is what I ended up doing:
> (1) added exportedl.c.patch,
> (2) ignored 0001-..., 0004, 0005, 0006 exportedl patches in this thread,
> (3) applied patches 0035-..., 0036, 0037, 0038, 0042, 0043.
> (4) Recompiled and tested cinelerra with a bunch of cuts and moving
> sections around to generate an Export EDL file.
> (5) Manually looked at the generated CMX3660 video file and saw that it
> "seemed" to look comparable to explanations in:
>    https://xmil.biz/EDL-X/CMX3600.pdf
> pages 11-14

I looked into patches as they appear in gitweb interface, looks like all
pieces are correct....

sorry for so many generations of those...

> Also, applied Andrew's patch (for high fps) to pluginfclient.C to match
> the other changes in ffmpeg.C.  Like I mentioned previously, I have not
> tested nor know how to test.

hm, try to load high fps video and apply ffmpeg (F_*) video plugin(s) to
it?

> Andrew, I found the Android tablet (that has not been powered on for 3-4
> years!) and am moving on to checking out Termux.  At least I hope I can.
> Thanks for all the work you do to keep Cinelerra going. ...Phyllis

modern termux run with X on Android 7+, I hope your tablet can run such
version of android..

my current install eats like 5 gb on internal storage (but I can download
stuff with wget to one specific location at sdcard after running
termux-setup-storage inside termux (it will prompt you to give access to
sdcard graphically at first time)

see ' install X environment' part of docs
https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Graphical_Environment

basically package management should be like Debian, just with 'pkg
search/pkg install' instead of still available apt search/install
(something to do with load-balancing on their servers) and with *-static
instead of -dev/-devel packages...

https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Package_Management

https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Building_packages

unfortunately, I still have no idea how to fix sound.... ( so whole
exercuse more about 'building CinGG on non-x86 mostly posix system while
hopefully not breaking normal x86/x86-64 builds'