[Cin] exportEDL, timecode patches

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 03:48:07 CEST 2021

OK, checked into GIT, the export edl patches for CMX3600 generation.

Andrea, if you have time, could you rebuild just to make sure everything
compiles OK for you (and maybe try to load into another NLE to see if you
have more success or if we just do not know how to do it.

Andrew, you should check my work because there were a lot of patches and
then patches to the patches, and I am easily confused.  So in the end, I
believe I got it right.  Here is what I ended up doing:
(1) added exportedl.c.patch,
(2) ignored 0001-..., 0004, 0005, 0006 exportedl patches in this thread,
(3) applied patches 0035-..., 0036, 0037, 0038, 0042, 0043.
(4) Recompiled and tested cinelerra with a bunch of cuts and moving
sections around to generate an Export EDL file.
(5) Manually looked at the generated CMX3660 video file and saw that it
"seemed" to look comparable to explanations in:
   https://xmil.biz/EDL-X/CMX3600.pdf
pages 11-14

Also, applied Andrew's patch (for high fps) to pluginfclient.C to match the
other changes in ffmpeg.C.  Like I mentioned previously, I have not tested
nor know how to test.

Andrew, I found the Android tablet (that has not been powered on for 3-4
years!) and am moving on to checking out Termux.  At least I hope I can.
Thanks for all the work you do to keep Cinelerra going. ...Phyllis