[Cin] my rendering is really slow

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:32:02 CEST 2021

Lately many people are experiencing performance problems in encoding,
I am one of them. I think the cause is the lack of multithreading in
encoding (but also decoding in timeline). A rendering done with
external ffmpeg from command line is much more efficient than the same
rendering done in CinGG (always using ffmpeg).
No fix has been found, only a workaround that makes use of the Render Farm:

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Render_Farm_Usage.html

Lately the user fary54 has made available his script to automate the
use of the render farm and external ffmpeg. Above all it is suitable
for CPUs with many threads. You can find the script and explanations
here:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=575