[Cin] my rendering is really slow

gorge rankin nonoobspam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:51:37 CEST 2021

I've only been using cin for about 3 months.  I could have sworn I tested
the render speed vs others and was happy.  This is just odd.

I've tried the render farm idea as well.  Sometimes tho, I get an empty
file.  Don't know why.  So I'm gun shy to try it for this project where I
have 3 hours estimated, it's only 15 minute video, ugh.

There are no errors at all printed to the console if I launch cin from the
terminal.

The nvidia settings do show that about 5-8% load.  I'm used to seeing that
at 50-60% in other editors and also in OBS.

I know my pc is not "new" and the "fastest" but it would be faster if I
were to make the compositor borderless and record that with OBS.

It's really odd, the compositor isn't dropping any frames whatsoever.  All
my effects look *awesome * in the compositor.  The app is running awesome.
I've not had a crash at all.