[Cin] latest hacks

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:33:45 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, July 21, 2021, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> > updated tarball attached. you probably still need
> > git reset --hard 34d7b567ee523
>
> Each time I delete the CinGG folder (cinelerra5) and do a new download
> with git clone; I didn't think git reset was needed. After a git
> clone:
>
> [paz at arch-paz cinelerra-5.1]$ git checkout master
> Already in 'master'
> Your branch is updated with respect to 'origin/master'.
> [paz at arch-paz cinelerra-5.1]$ git reset --hard 34d7b567ee523
> fatal: ambiguous '34d7b567ee523' argument: unknown revision or path
> not in working tree.
> Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, as follows:

hm, ok.... while strange.. you can just search for commit marked
'origin/master' and reset to that in future...

> > first, then 'chown -R whole_tree' for yout user
>
> Regarding folder access, I have tried several times to give:
>
> # chown -R paz:users /home/paz/cinelerra5
>
> but this folder already belongs to paz, so nothing changes.

i assumed failure to build from user was due to my patches somewhat
changing ownership of some files?

> > as for testing patches separately you can try:
>
> I'm going to try just putting in the patches you pointed out, but I
> can't find randrik10.

mmmm... I tried to attach it (

another route is via cloud.mail.ru but this one was  giving you
troublesx...