[Cin] background render tip

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:16:22 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, July 28, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> While working on EDL support I noticed old Adobe Premiere (4.0, 4.2) had
> interesting mode where you can output .mov from pre-rendered (with effects,
> transitions, etc) workarea. In CinelerraGG you can get similar effect by
> setting background render to jpeg, making sure your whole project got its
> preview (red bar) rendered, then quit cin and execute something like this:
>
> $ ffmpeg -f image2 -i ~/tmp/000%3d -c:v copy brender.mov

actually, for non-0 started sequence I found this line works better (set
brender file to your_path/brender, it will be numbered automatically)

rm ~/tmp/brender*  before each use
{ do your stuff in cin }
 $ cat ~/tmp/brender* | ffmpeg -f image2pipe -i - -c:v copy brender.mov

at least with ffmpeg 4.4 it will refuse to update your existing brender.mov
file unlike image2 demuxer... so delete it if not needed or set different
output filename.

from
https://superuser.com/questions/624567/how-to-create-a-video-from-images-using-ffmpeg