[Cin] background render tip

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 23:48:28 CEST 2021

Great tip.  I have added this gem to the manual at the end of the
Background Rendering section as seen below.
Except    $ cat ~/tmp/brender* | ffmpeg -f image2pipe -i - -c:v copy
brender.mov    did not work for me.

Tip: If you have rendered your whole project with File format set to JPEG
and
there are no missing numbers in the sequence, you can create a video from
that
sequence outside of CINELERRA-GG. For example, if using the default output
so
that your files are named /tmp/brender000000, /tmp/brender000001, ... in a
window, you would type:

ffmpeg -f image2 -i /tmp/brender0%5d -c:v copy brender.mov

which would create the video file brender.mov - be sure to delete existing
brender
files before creating a new sequence to ensure there are no missing numerical
values in the sequence.