[Cin] Updated AppImage's and Manuals

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 23:42:28 CEST 2021

There are now 4 newly created AppImage's for CinGG as follows:

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-20210731-x86_64.AppImage
- for newer distros
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-20210731-x86_64-older_distros.AppImage
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-20210731-i386.AppImage
- for 32 bit
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-20210731-multibit.AppImage
- for extra 10 and 12 bit

The "multibit" AppImage was created on Mint 20 using the patch supplied by
Andrew_R (which will be checked into GIT as a patch after I get the manual
wording done to match).  I tested this by rendering using the h265_10bit
and h265_12bit formats -- which will not work without the 10 and 12 bit
compiled version.  But it is important to note that the multibit AppImage
will only work on the appropriate Operating Systems which have all of the
needed libraries installed.  In other words, it worked on the Mint 20
system here as well as my laptop running Fedora 32 BUT did not work on the
big desktop computer.

And the HTML and pdf versions of the manuals have been updated:

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual.pdf
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/

One more note -- the upgrade of ffmpeg from 4.3 to 4.4 is still awaiting a
patch for the bluray.  A "freelancer" was working on this and said he had a
"fix", but then he disappeared so maybe he got sick or has some problem.
Who knows these days but I hope a solution is available in August.

Notes from the releasenote.pdf file:
*GIT for Cinelerra-GG has the following changes from 07/01/2021-07/31/2021*

Workaround for “attach effect” bug when using In/Out pointers as *discovered
by DeJay* and discussed
  in the forum is to use drag from the Resources window instead. Bug was
introduced with the mods
  checked into GIT on 6/26/2020 in the track.C program. Fix not yet
available but would be easy for
  someone who knows c++ and a little about CinGG.

*Andrew R *has contributed all of the following upgrades/fixes with *Andrea
doing additional tests*:

Upgrade of x264 to 2021-06-15 master version from 20191217-2245-stable
version.
Upgrade of x265 from 3.4 to 3.5.
Upgrade libaom from 3.0.0 to 3.1.1 and modified the build parameters to
eliminate unnecessary docs.
YUV Color Space has had 601 and 2020 split into 601-NTSC/601-PAL and
BT2020-NCL/BT202/CL.
   Old projects will not be affected because 601-NTSC and BT2020-NCL are
the old defaults.
Updated or new profile formats of h265-10bit and h265-12bit.
Export EDL option for CMX3600 formatted output has been re-instated and
proven to work in at least
  one other application - Final Cut Pro for PPC Mac and also OpenShot with
possible caveats.
  Changes may need to be made if there is a reason to do so for a specific
case.

*Rafa Mar* updated the Spanish translations.