[Cin] Cannot render above 60FPS

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 12:15:29 CEST 2021

On Saturday, June 19, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Saturday, June 19, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Saturday, June 19, 2021, Igor BEGHETTO via Cin <
>> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:
>>
>>> What I know 72, 90, and 144 are not standard frame rates. I don't
>>> remember for 100 fps, seems to me not.
>>>

>> ST 12-3:2016 - SMPTE Standard - Time Code for High Frame Rate Signals and
>> Formatting in the Ancillary Data Space
>>
>> Abstract:This standard specifies time code formats with the frame counts
>> 72, 96, 100 and 120 and the frame count 120 with drop-frame compensation.
>> This standard also specifies a transmission format for conveyance of the
>> time code and frame count in the ancillary data space of serial digital
>> interfaces.
>>
>> https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7438725
>>
>> but try to get also all pdfs from
>>
>> https://www.smpte.org/free-standards-and-publications
>>
>> while you can..  downloading pdfs from tbis site seems to fail me
>> probably due to my location (may be i have them on my main machine, but my
>> machine is 1700km away and offline)
>>

> additionally this camera apparently can record at 90 (and up to 200) fps
>
> https://www.arri.com/en/learn-help/learn-help-camera-system/
> frequently-asked-questions/alexa-mini-lf-faq#accordion-83760

timecode library readme says:

LibTC is a C-coded library for SMPTE / EBU timecode handling, display,
conversion and calculation.

It is based upon the SMPTE ST 12-1 standard (formally SMPTE 12M) and the
SMPTE ST 12-3 for HFR. Those define the following rates : 23.98, 24, 25,
29.97, 30, 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, 60, 72, 96, 100 and 120 frames per second
with the support for drop-frame compensation with 29.97 and 59.94 rates.

===
https://github.com/agfline/tcCoca

but again, even if today cameras outputting those high frame rates are
costly - in decade or so they might find their ways down to less wealthy
filmmakers, and just dropping 30 out of 90 frames every second is hardly
good idea...

may be specific tooltip for this field / list explaining situation will be
good idea? if of course such tooltip by itself will be not annoying in
normal operation)

I tend to see this dropdown list more as convience of that is possible,
with New project/format presets being more rigid (by necessarity!)