[Cin] CinGG crash rendering high fps

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Sun Jun 27 21:59:05 CEST 2021

I am confused as well. I did not look into the code base, as it
appeared too many times there, inclusive unused code.
Instead, I searched for the string in the plugins with "motion" in the
name in the bin/plugin/video directory. There the only one was motion2.

I also did a no_vaapi h.264 .MP4 render test now using the renderfarm,
because I was not getting 100% CPU. With 8 client renders on the same
machine as the host, it rendered twice as fast and CPU was 100% all the
time. Very likely 3 clients would have been sufficient. Anyway, the
file size was also as small as without using the renderfarm. I am
_guessing_ that witH pure software rendering, upscaling the frame rate
from 50 to 120 has a lot of duplicate frames, which pure software
rendering detect and therefore decodes as very small differences.

I don't have high-fps source media, tried to find some but so far all
raw or non-downloadable. And there are multiple raw formats, I wonder
how to distinguish between them.

I took a short look at the blank frame problem that the freelancer's
patch should fix, but have not yet duplicated it. later.

Also, I saw weird things using the interpolate video effect, later too.

MatN