[Cin] Render farm

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:38:04 CET 2021

Andrea, some things to look for:

RenderFarmClient::main_loop:400: Address already in use

The above message says "400" but below you say you used "401-416"?  Make
sure the ports you start up exactly match the ones defined in the Render
Farm menu.  Before trying again, be sure to stop any processes that did get
started (it may take up to 30 seconds for it to be free to be used again).
You can find them via a command from a window:   ps -ef | grep cin
They will look like:  root        5064       1  0 09:29 pts/3    00:00:00
cin -d 1501
and so you will have to     kill 5064   for the above to get port 1501 back
again.

I first tried from root with ports 401 - 416. Then from no-root with
> ports 1026 - 1041. The result is always the same.

Check the file    /etc/services    for ports that are unused.   When I look
at mine, I clearly see that 1026-1041 are available as in the lines:
rndc            953/udp                         # rndc control sockets
(BIND 9)
skkserv         1178/tcp        sgi-storman     # SKK Japanese input method
so there is nothing defined between 953 and 1178, i.e. 1026-1041 are
clearly available.

Let me know if this gets you further along.