[Cin] implementation

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 01:18:31 CEST 2021

All,

> It is well known: true users hate reading manuals. Most likely, such a user
> will never reach chapter 18 but will accidentally find out about existence
> of Alt/h from some forum around.
>
> Does anyone have any objections to my changing the default Status Bar
message in the lower right corner of the main program window from saying
"Welcome to Cinelerra." to "Alt/h for Help on Mouse item."  Welcome to
Cinelerra conveys zero information and has only been more or less a
placeholder for when there are no warning or other informative messages.
And, yes, the Alt/h Help message will get written over, but at least it
will most likely be seen once.  Or is there better wording that is not too
long?