[Cin] [spam?] Re: implementation

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Tue May 11 04:37:05 CEST 2021

On Mon, 10 May 2021, Pierre autourduglobe via Cin wrote:

> On my keyboard, the two Alt keys are separated from each other by 6.5"
> (16.5 cm). It is almost impossible for me to reach both keys at the same
> time with the fingers of one hand (so that the second hand can operate a
> shuttle button)

Pierre, try the following for the shuttle help.

1. Press both Alt keys together with two hands.
2. Release Alt keys.
3. And now press a button on the shuttle, it should remember Alt status.

Another method.

1. Press left Alt, then press left Ctrl. Both keys have to remain pressed,
but Alt must be pressed first.
2. Now press shuttle button.

These tricks work due to the art X11 tracks status of the modifier keys.

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru