[Cin] AppImage and Desktop Integration with an app launcher

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 22:27:56 CEST 2021

Terje,

Yes, this would be even easier, but I couldn't get it to work so far:

> I could change the AppImage Properties icon to the "pixmap/cinx.svg" icon,
> but although I use my desktop local language I couldn't see the fields
> equivalent to
>
> 3. Application Tab
>
> or the field to enter the
>
> 4. Command:
>
>           /path/to/appimage/./CinGG-yyyymmdd.AppImage
>
> Is this procedure for Gnome or for another desktop environment?

Not sure.  Andrea used this on Arch, so maybe he can respond tomorrow.

> Possibly also a second DE integration could be added (later) if found
> useful:
> /usr/share/applications/cingg.desktop
> working like this
> Right-click a video file type in the file browser and select from the
> context menu:
> Open with -> CinGG
>

> And lastly at the same time:
> Is the special version with 10bit color support (cinelerra10bit) gone?

Eventually I hope to create an AppIMage with the 10bit color support but I
have to figure out how it was done -- it is probably easy for me to do, but
unless there is a high priority, I probably will not get it done for awhile.