[Cin] AppImage and Desktop Integration with an app launcher

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Tue May 11 22:12:14 CEST 2021

Phyllis,
> Thanks for passing this information along.  We do have the following
> in the manual, but if I remember to do so, I will add your suggestion
> method also.
>
> or create a convenient desktop icon with a link to the run action:
> 1. right-click on the appimage file
> 2. Properties
> 3. Application Tab
> 4. Command:
>
>          /path/to/appimage/./CinGG-yyyymmdd.AppImage
> 5. OK

Yes, this would be even easier, but I couldn't get it to work so far:

I could change the AppImage Properties icon to the "pixmap/cinx.svg" icon,
but although I use my desktop local language I couldn't see the fields
equivalent to

    3. Application Tab

or the field to enter the

    4. Command:

           /path/to/appimage/./CinGG-yyyymmdd.AppImage

Is this procedure for Gnome or for another desktop environment?

Possibly also a second DE integration could be added (later) if found
useful:
/usr/share/applications/cingg.desktop
working like this
Right-click a video file type in the file browser and select from the
context menu:
Open with -> CinGG

And lastly at the same time:
Is the special version with 10bit color support (cinelerra10bit) gone?

Terje J. H