[Cin] AppImage and Desktop Integration with an app launcher

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed May 12 20:09:31 CEST 2021

You are right: what I wrote in the manual is wrong.
That's what I do in KDE:

    Download AppImage file on Desktop
    Make it executable (right click; permission Tab)
    Run it (double click)

That's all it takes and then it works by simply double clicking. It
doesn't appear in the apps menu this way though; Only the desktop
icon.

[I could correct the manual, But since I'm not sure if it works in
general maybe it's better to remove this part completely]

If you want desktop integration in Gnome you can try:

https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/04/easily-run-and-integrate-appimage-files.html