[Cin] About FFVideoStream::probe

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 05:39:48 CEST 2021

Andrew,

> try this patch?
>
> Thanks for the patch - I should have known the fix went into ffmpeg.C
instead of fileffmpeg.C.  Sorry for getting it wrong.

BUT, the bad news is that the patch + uncommenting the ff->video_probe(1);
line in fileffmpeg.C does not solve the
use of extra memory.  It seemed like it might have though.  I finally found
a definitive test case and this time saved it
so I could find it again.

Bummer.  Since I often make mistakes, I ran it several times and verified
that I correctly had the lines right.  The
results were consistent -- as soon as I uncommented "ff->video_probe(1); in
fileffmpeg.C" whether or not the patch
to ffmpeg.C was in, the memory usage went up about 18%.