[Cin] Updated CinGG release for downloading the AppImage

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 23:20:36 CET 2021

Den 06.11.2021 22:19, skrev Andrea paz via Cin:
>>> @"Manual"
>>> I think it could be useful if it is possible to add some overview
>>> table(s) i.e in the manual section FFmpeg Format Options inside
>>> CINELERRA-GG:
>>> That is, valid and Standard Profiles with Compression and Pixels
>>> properties for actual purposes and media, that works for Cin-GG and
>>> Cin-GG multibit respectively?
>> Andrea, do you want to add this or should I try?
> Good idea!
> The formats and codecs are too many and with too many variables; an
> idea could be to collect the ones used by the users; so we could
> indicate the combinations surely functional and tested. What do you
> say folks, would you like to send the formats and options you use?
> PS (@Phyllis): In the meantime I attach you the modify proposed by Andrew.

Tip:
Pick and compile a list of the most relevant and compatible (standard)
file formats/options for Cin-GG/ffmpeg rendering.
While I have just used the generic .mp4 container for my test files,
Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray and DVD video discs use other.

Some reference articles:
https://blog.filestack.com/thoughts-and-knowledge/complete-list-audio-video-file-formats/
https://www.computer.org/publications/tech-news/trends/8-best-video-file-formats-for-2020
https://www.borrowlenses.com/blog/video-file-formats/