[Cin] arm emulation on qemu links

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:32:47 CET 2021

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <
randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>> Very interesting, I was thinking about the same, for testing arm64
>> versions. I have some experience with qemu, although I mostly use
>> VirtualBox.
>> It is quite possible to use UEFI boot with qemu.
>> I presume the emulated arm64 machine is good enough for compilations,
>> for actually testing CinGG you probably need more??

as for runtime it works via vnc (!) on 4 (2ghz max) + 4(1.5 ghz max) arm
core and 2 gb ram (+zswap around 1.4 gb shared with android 10) . sometimes
it works fast enough (realtime) with even fullhd h264 video, sometimes not
- probably due to cpu freqency/sheduling enforced by kernel)