[Cin] arm emulation on qemu links

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:57:50 CET 2021

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <
randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <
> randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andrew,
>>> Very interesting, I was thinking about the same, for testing arm64
>>> versions. I have some experience with qemu, although I mostly use
>>> VirtualBox.
>>> It is quite possible to use UEFI boot with qemu.
>>> I presume the emulated arm64 machine is good enough for compilations,
>>> for actually testing CinGG you probably need more??
>>

> as for runtime it works via vnc (!) on 4 (2ghz max) + 4(1.5 ghz max) arm
> core and 2 gb ram (+zswap around 1.4 gb shared with android 10) . sometimes
> it works fast enough (realtime) with even fullhd h264 video, sometimes not
> - probably due to cpu freqency/sheduling enforced by kernel)

for userspace emulation (faster) you can try this wiki page instructions

https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi/qemu-user-static

and for faster install on qemu-system you can look into this (dvd media
instead of netboot)
https://blog.lazym.io/2021/04/16/Run-ARM-MIPS-Debian-on-QEMU/

have good night/rest!