[Cin] Updated CinGG release for downloading the AppImage

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 17:32:12 CET 2021

Den 10.11.2021 00:39, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:

> On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, Terje J. Hanssen via Cin
> <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org <mailto:cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>> wrote:
>

>     As this source file is a 10-bit 422 video with pcm audio, I think
>     the following render setup could fit automatic:
>     Setting Format: rgb(a)-float color model
>     Render File Format: FFMPEG mp4
>     Video compression: h264-10bit.mp4 user opti. h265-10bit.mp4
>     Pixels : yuv422p10le
>     Bitrate: ?
>     Quality: ?
>     Preset: Medium default w/i.e user purpose adjustment faster/slower
>     Audio: would it be possible and compliant to have the option to
>     just copy the source PCM audio?
>

> well, I do not think cinelerra can just pass original audio untouched (
> May be this can be coded, but IMO Cin's main focus was on
> re-processing input audio and video, not just cutting. Also, input
> sources for one session can vary... {this one is less of problem, just
> so far there is no 'guess' table that can be used for setting up
> parameters from already-known at encoding time session params}. Maybe
> encoding profiles can be used for this, need to look..

Possibly I thought merely on just "ffmpeg first input" and "ffmpeg
output" (and Cin just as a gui front end).
Regarding uncompressed PCM audio, FFMPEG looks to not support PCM in
MP4; I read only Sony had a solution for that.
---------

However I got FFMPEG to copy PCM when I transmuxed to MKV container at
the same time as the video part was transcoded to x265:

ffmpeg -i hd01.mov -c:a copy -c:v libx265 hd01_pcm_x265.mkv

du -sh hd01.mov hd01_pcm_x265.mkv
1,7G    hd01.mov
176M    hd01_pcm_x265.mkv
----------
ffmpeg -i dv01.dv -c:a copy -c:v libx265 dv01_pcm_x265.mkv

du -sh dv01.dv dv01_pcm_x265.mkv
2,0G    dv01.dv
209M    dv01_pcm_x265.mkv

------------------------

>     (Another one for "home-made HD videos" on Blu-ray discs (BDAV):
>     Will it be possible to record (copy) source 1080iHDV.m2t files
>     (video and audio) to the BD-R(E) discs?)
>

> I was thinking about integrating tsMuxer but this does not solve
> problem about unavailability of pre-encoded packets in cin's vframe
> for mpeg2.. Probably BC_COMPRESSED  type should be split for
> mjpeg/dv/mpeg2/h264 types but this is larger rework than I can attempt
> from tablet ...

If tsMuxer (or another dedicated utility) could author a BDAV Blu-Ray
for burning on BD-RE disk (and DVD-R), this could make it possible to
preserve and test playabilty compliance of DV SD and MPEG-2 HD(V)
streams content on the same disc, as described in these papers:

Blu-ray Disc, Rewritable Format, Audio Visual Application Format
Specifications for BD-RE Version 2.1, March 2008:
Figure 3.1.4.2.3: Stream file and Clip Information file for DV in BDAV
directory
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Assets/Downloadablefile/BD-RE_Part3_V2.1_WhitePaper_080406-15271.pdf

Blu-ray Disc Association. UDF2.5. 25/50GB. BDAV. As of December 2016.
ROM4.0. Ultra HD Blu-ray™. ROM. Part3. V3.1. ROM. Part2. V2.0. ROM.
Part1. V2.0. BDMV.
http://www.blu-raydisc.info/docs/Spec_Info/AllBooksDecember2016.pdf

Terje J. H