[Cin] Formats and Codecs in CinGG

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:58:38 CET 2021

> A minor comment: Is the AAC M4A audio format of interest to add on the
> audio format list?

>From FFmpeg's website:

" FFmpeg supports two AAC-LC encoders (aac and libfdk_aac) and one
HE-AAC (v1/2) encoder (libfdk_aac). The license of libfdk_aac is not
compatible with GPL, so the GPL does not permit distribution of
binaries containing incompatible code when GPL-licensed code is also
included. Therefore this encoder have been designated as "non-free",
and you cannot download a pre-built ffmpeg that supports it. This can
be resolved by compiling ffmpeg yourself."
[...]
"Requires ffmpeg to be configured with --enable-libfdk-aac (and
additionally --enable-nonfree if you're also using --enable-gpl)"

> HDV -> Blu-ray
> Wikipedia HDV/Distributing say
> * For consumer use, HDV-sourced video can be delivered on a Blu-ray Disc
> without re-encoding
> * can be converted to AVCHD and delivered on an AVCHD disc
> * or can be downconverted to DVD-Video.

I don't understand if CinGG offers these possibilities. Is it perhaps
the "bluray_dv_pal(ntsc).mt2s" preset?

Another question: does DV include HDV (and DVPRO)? I haven't found any
presets or parameters naming  HDV.