[Cin] arm/termux series (possibly broken on x86)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 20:21:16 CET 2021

On Friday, November 19, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Checked into GIT this morning.
>
>> 0009-attempt-to-fix-_probe-function-memory-leak.patch = yes
>> 0010-additional-XOpenIM-call-in-bcwindowbase.C.patch = yes
>> 0042-fix-typos-in-libdv-ifdefs-in-livevideo.patch = yes

ow, 42 probably was already fixed by MatN.. sorry. see our discussion in
just closed bug about broken compilation on x86_64

>> now lets try to define minimal patchset...
>>
> so, in summary...
>

>> try 2-10, 16, 21, 40-42
>>
>> may be 38, 54
>>
> Minimal patchset has all been checked into GIT after very minimal testing
> on my part. EXCEPT for 54 because there are very many mjpegtools patches
> that precede it and I can not tell if there will be user impact for
> non-Termux builds and not sure how to adequately test.
>
> *Concerns for Andrew *on these 3 sets of patches:
> ? 0009 ? is freeing this frame always safe or what if it does not exist? I
> am thinking it would have already crashed if it is empty.

well, i think my intention was to fix memorybleak you discovered. Until you
re-enable more interlace probing (as I accedently did in 0001!)  this
codepatch will be unreachable. I run with both patches applied, but I do
not load great many files..

> ? 0010 ? does XSetLocaleModifiers affect future locale settings that might
> cause issues ? or is it just temporary?

without this check it was exiting right at this place on termux... you
might wrap it in ifdefs, but I copied solution from another project, so
hopefully it should be safe for normal installs (i can dig fir exact
bugreport)

? 0042 ? I changed all of the "if HAVE_DVf" to "ifdef HAVE_LIBDV" because
> that is what is used everywhere else ?
> ? 0054 ?  +  12, 14, 20, 35 ? is there a really good set of tests for
> patches in mjpegtools which I have not added in yet ?

well, without those patches build was failing for me... ( same for two
more ffmpeg patches..

For testing I thought jpeg filetype and background render (with default
jpeg) will exercise some aspects of mjpegtools, but I can be wrong.. You
can also try to enable denoising for dvd - I think it uses mjpegtools.

also libbthread itself still not in, not sure if you want it in before or
after this month build..

how far away you are from re-creating build enviroment on your tablet?