[Cin] Run And Integrate Cinelerra AppImage With AppImageLauncher

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:50:48 CEST 2021

MatN:

What is this cin.svg stuff? It is not in the current README.appimage.

cin.svg is in the source code under image/cin.svg -- it was created as an
icon when users wanted to hook up the cinelerra startup with an icon that
could just be clicked on to launch the program instead of previously having
to keyin ./bin/cin (or whatever).  From the manual:

> Then just start the application by keying in: ./cin in the bin
> subdirectory OR add
> a desktop icon by using the appropriate directory to copy the files to, run
> as root,
> and edit to correct the directory path. Below are generic directions of
> how to do
> this.
>
> cd /cinelerra_directory_path
> cp -a image/cin.{svg,xpm} /usr/share/pixmaps/
> cp -a image/cin.desktop /usr/share/applications/cin.desktop
>
> After you have followed the above, in the cin.desktop file, change the
> Exec=cin
> line to be Exec=<your_directory_path>/bin/cin.
>

> On another note, on my Mint 20 system, each start of the AppImage
> rebuilds the plugin index, even though the file is in .bcast5.

This is on all systems and has been logged in BT #588.  I looked at it only
a little and am thinking that the code could be changed to not use the job
id number.