[Cin] Debian 32-bit on Qemu

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:53:46 CEST 2021

@MatN
I more or less did your initial steps, but did not create the
appimage. I didn't even know you could do a valgrind with an appimage.
I did everything from root with "su" and didn't put "sudo".

10) bld_prepare.sh debian works fine except for libgl not being
installed. I finally found that "apt install libgl-dev" works.

Other packages I had to install externally to bld_prepare.sh are:
gawk; make; libgtk2.0-dev (only gtk2 won't do); and of course: git;
gdb and valgrind.

As I told Andrew, CinGG works just fine in my 32-bit debian 11; it's
only with valgrind that so many problems come up (which never occurred
in my Arch). I guess the valgrind + vm combination is fatal.

PS: the instructions to use valgrind were given to me by GG (all from root):

1- git clone ... cinelerra5
2- copy cinelerra-5.1 folder in /tmp
3- cd /tmp/cinelerra-5.1
4- ./bld.sh
5- CFLAGS=-ggdb make -j16 rebuild_all
6- valgrind -v --log-file=/tmp/val.log --leak-check=full
--num-callers=32 /tmp/cinelerra-5.1/bin/./cin
7- in val.log look for "error" and "illegal" words.

With the same procedure you can start gdb instead of valgrind.

PPS: thanks for the procedure to create the appimage; I saved it and
will try to do it sometime.