[Cin] Attach an effect to multi-selected clips

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 23:29:04 CEST 2021

On Tuesday, October 19, 2021, mat via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> I you have composed a timeline of multiple clips of several different
> sources, and it turns out that for one source extra color correction
> (or other effect) is needed, is there a way to select multiple non-
> consecutive clips on the timeline and attach the effect to all of them?
> Or do you have to select and attach clip-by-clip?

I found only one methodology close to this:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=84

"Sam: "With larger video projects you want to copy several effects
elsewhere without the corresponding clips." With the latest GIT checkin,
this option is available. Use Ctrl-c to copy a single clip which has effect
associated with it. When you use Ctrl-Shift-P on another clip, the effects
will be pasted over that clip but not the original clip. I hope that makes
sense." - should be in cingg newer than 2018-12-30..

but I hope 'attach effect' can also be modified to affect  selected pieces
of timeline (edits internally). Something to look into...