[Cin] Color erase like GIMP

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Sep 28 15:17:00 CEST 2021

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 3:11:09 PM CEST, Andrew Randrianasulu via
Cin wrote:
> I was thinking about reroute plugin in addition to chromakey,
> but probably this still does not do what you want..
>
> "The Reroute plugin enables you to selectively transfer the
> Alpha channel or the Components (RGB or YUV) or both from a
> source track to a target track, partially overwriting the
> target's contents. It works as a shared plugin."
>
> https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Reroute.html

My problem generally with these things:

 1. chromakey does not seem to be able to do half-transparency,
    it can make it fully the full color, without alpha...
 2. alternative approaches make the half transparent areas
    a lighter green color.

I have tested reroute and chromakey. I might have over looked that the
source layer I am working on was RGB24 and not RGBA. So it might be
required that such plugin first does a pixel format conversion.

--
Stefan