[Cin] cingg vaapi on i3-3227U cpu

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Fri Apr 15 06:38:59 CEST 2022

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022, Stefan de Konink via Cin wrote:

> /dev/dri/card0 sometimes becomes /dev/dri/card1. Maybe a more stable
> identified something like 'by path' would help software in general, so the
> choice can be actually set to 'a card' rather than 'a number'.

I personally never had a system with several videocards enabled
simultaneously, but perhaps the uncertainty in the order they are enumerated
by the kernel could be solved in a similar manner as for other types of
devices. Here are several recipes I used elsewhere.

1) /etc/modprobe.d/usb-controller.conf

This ensures loading the ehci USB driver before uhci and ohci:

softdep uhci-hcd pre: ehci-hcd
softdep ohci-hcd pre: ehci-hcd

2) a rule in /etc/udev/rules.d which defines the enumeration order of two
different audio devices (one was RTL HDAudio chip on the motherboard, the
other HDMI output on the ATI graphic card):

SUBSYSTEM!="sound", GOTO="my_usb_audio_end"
ACTION!="add", GOTO="my_usb_audio_end"

DEVPATH=="/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/sound/card?", ATTR{index}=1
DEVPATH=="/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card?", ATTR{index}=0

LABEL="my_usb_audio_end"

3) another method in /etc/modprobe.d which corrects enumeration of two audio
devices, both controlled by the same snd_hda_intel driver (one is HDAudio on
motherboard, the other HDMI output of the on-chip Intel graphics):

# Reverse HDA Intel cards ordering:
options snd_hda_intel index="1,0"

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru