[Cin] megapatch series 8

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:01:00 CEST 2022

On Sunday, April 17, 2022, Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The 2 modifications I made are in bdcreate.C to temporarily comment out

>>> No, from bdwrite -- see the last line in the terminal output below for
>>> the error message when I choose "truehd" and then "lpcm".  I verified that
>>> 0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch is in as well
>>> as all of the patches as stated earlier.
>>>

>> be sure there is no old bdwrite binary in PATH?
>>
> It is rare that I change $PATH from or even add cnelerra:
> /root/.local/bin:/root/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:
> /usr/sbin:/usr/bin

still, old bdwrite may lay here.. I say with some confidence because
fully-patched bdwrite binary even output different error message for stream
type!

try to add some your own string ( fprintf ("my cool string\n";) into code
of bdwrite (right into main {} function) and see  if it printed when script
executes?

>>  PATH=/root/.local/bin:/root/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/
>> local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/tmp/cinelerra-5.1/bin
>>

>> However, the choice of "tsmuxer" works, or at least does something and

>>> I wonder why the output is different when I check the tsmuxer box than
>>> when I don't?
>>>
>>> Because I do not check for tsmuxer existence in C code, and just  write
>> universal sh script doing check for us?
>>
> Never mind -- it is different just when running it twice so there must be
> timestamps in it.
> I did download tsmuxer source code, but when it said I needed "ninja", I
> stopped and just laughed.  Maybe later I will try again.

yeah, I have this installed for mesa3d builds mostly...