[Cin] Bluray - still Truehd problems +

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 03:16:53 CEST 2022

Andrew,
Status update for Bluray - I hate to give up on the rest of the bluray
changes.  Here is a list of current bluray patches problems from megapile_8.

1) Some concern about current lpcm/bluray checkin with error message
of "*unknown
bluray stream type pcm_bluray*" on my Fedora 32 laptop.  BUT works on
Ubuntu 16 and on Fedora 35 laptop (exact same model).  I think there is
some package that needs to be installed but is not on Fedora 32, but I have
no idea what it could possibly be.  At any rate, leaving checkin as is
since when I create an appimage on the non-working Fedora 32 and move to
the working Fedora 35, lpcm works just fine. Going back through a lot of
email, I noticed that in January, Terje also got this error message and I
believe he uses Leap O/S.

2) When I say "lpcm" works just fine, I only mean that the LG player
attached to the TV, shows it is lpcm.  I have no idea if it does what it is
supposed to do.  Not enough knowledge or speakers here.

3) Having verified that I am using the correct bdwrite, on all of the
aforementioned computers, get "unknown bluray audio format 0 ch" from line
2469.  Something is missing.  Did apply
0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch and uncommented
truehd profile line 865 in bdcreate.C.

4) 0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch when applied
to the current GIT ffmpeg (which is what will be used in the next build) is
out of alignment as seen in the build log below.  BUT unless Truehd is
working, there is no need for patch-5-8.

patch -d ffmpeg* -p1 < src/ffmpeg-4.4.patch_5
Waf: Leaving directory `/mnt0/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty/serd-0.30.4/build'
yes
'build' finished successfully (0.852s)
checking for memory.h... patching file libavcodec/mlpenc.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 100 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 126 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 199 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 1117 with fuzz 1 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 2219 (offset -6 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 2274 (offset -6 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 2310 with fuzz 1 (offset -6 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 2339 (offset -6 lines).
Hunk #9 succeeded at 2383 (offset -6 lines).
Hunk #10 succeeded at 2400 (offset -6 lines).
patch -d ffmpeg* -p1 < src/ffmpeg-4.4.patch_6
patching file libavcodec/mlpenc.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2384 with fuzz 1 (offset -6 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 2401 with fuzz 1 (offset -6 lines).

5) Also, again I have no idea if "tsmuxer" really does what it is supposed
to do even though checked into GIT.  When I create a bluray disc, it still
plays on my LG so at least it did no harm.  Someone else is going to have
to verify this because I do not want to install tsmuxer/ninja on this
laptop due to the fact that this is where I create the regular AppImage
release.

6) 32-bit Debian version 11.0 had a compile error in bdwrite, BUT I have to
check that out for sure.  That version/computer is a slow build so I keep
delaying.  Will let you know.

7) OK, so now you can change the interval for chapter, but how does a user
do that?