[Cin] Bluray - still Truehd problems +

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 04:37:19 CEST 2022

On Saturday, April 23, 2022, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Andrew,
> Status update for Bluray - I hate to give up on the rest of the bluray
> changes.  Here is a list of current bluray patches problems from megapile_8.
>
> 1) Some concern about current lpcm/bluray checkin with error message of "*unknown
> bluray stream type pcm_bluray*" on my Fedora 32 laptop.  BUT works on
> Ubuntu 16 and on Fedora 35 laptop (exact same model).  I think there is
> some package that needs to be installed but is not on Fedora 32, but I have
> no idea what it could possibly be.  At any rate, leaving checkin as is
> since when I create an appimage on the non-working Fedora 32 and move to
> the working Fedora 35, lpcm works just fine. Going back through a lot of
> email, I noticed that in January, Terje also got this error message and I
> believe he uses Leap O/S.

no idea yet about this ...

> 2) When I say "lpcm" works just fine, I only mean that the LG player
> attached to the TV, shows it is lpcm.  I have no idea if it does what it is
> supposed to do.  Not enough knowledge or speakers here.

well, it supposed to provide uncompressed sound on disk!

> 3) Having verified that I am using the correct bdwrite, on all of the
> aforementioned computers, get "unknown bluray audio format 0 ch" from line
> 2469.  Something is missing.  Did apply 0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch
> and uncommented truehd profile line 865 in bdcreate.C.

yeah, 0ch is strange..

will try to see how it work/fail on Slackware...

> 4) 0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch when applied
> to the current GIT ffmpeg (which is what will be used in the next build) is
> out of alignment as seen in the build log below.  BUT unless Truehd is
> working, there is no need for patch-5-8.
>
> patch -d ffmpeg* -p1 < src/ffmpeg-4.4.patch_5
> Waf: Leaving directory `/mnt0/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty/serd-0.30.4/build'
> yes
> 'build' finished successfully (0.852s)
> checking for memory.h... patching file libavcodec/mlpenc.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 100 (offset -3 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 126 (offset -3 lines).
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 199 (offset -3 lines).
> Hunk #4 succeeded at 1117 with fuzz 1 (offset -4 lines).
> Hunk #5 succeeded at 2219 (offset -6 lines).
> Hunk #6 succeeded at 2274 (offset -6 lines).
> Hunk #7 succeeded at 2310 with fuzz 1 (offset -6 lines).
> Hunk #8 succeeded at 2339 (offset -6 lines).
> Hunk #9 succeeded at 2383 (offset -6 lines).
> Hunk #10 succeeded at 2400 (offset -6 lines).
> patch -d ffmpeg* -p1 < src/ffmpeg-4.4.patch_6
> patching file libavcodec/mlpenc.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 2384 with fuzz 1 (offset -6 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 2401 with fuzz 1 (offset -6 lines).

as long as there is no rejects this is acceptable... I think

> 5) Also, again I have no idea if "tsmuxer" really does what it is supposed
> to do even though checked into GIT.  When I create a bluray disc, it still
> plays on my LG so at least it did no harm.  Someone else is going to have
> to verify this because I do not want to install tsmuxer/ninja on this
> laptop due to the fact that this is where I create the regular AppImage
> release.

well, try liveusb/livedvd?

> 6) 32-bit Debian version 11.0 had a compile error in bdwrite, BUT I have
> to check that out for sure.  That version/computer is a slow build so I
> keep delaying.  Will let you know.

yeah, I will wait (no debian vm here..)

> 7) OK, so now you can change the interval for chapter, but how does a user
> do that?

in theory by adding ' -c timeinterval in seconds' as argument {in addition
to two other mandatory args} to bdwrite, manually for now...