[Cin] Bluray - still Truehd problems +

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 21:28:04 CEST 2022

Feedback:

1) Some concern about current lpcm/bluray checkin with error message
of "*unknown
>> bluray stream type pcm_bluray*" on my Fedora 32 laptop.  BUT works on
>> Ubuntu 16 and on Fedora 35 laptop (exact same model).  I think there is
>> some package that needs to be installed but is not on Fedora 32, but I have
>> no idea what it could possibly be.  At any rate, leaving checkin as is
>> since when I create an appimage on the non-working Fedora 32 and move to
>> the working Fedora 35, lpcm works just fine. Going back through a lot of
>> email, I noticed that in January, Terje also got this error message and I
>> believe he uses Leap O/S.
>>
> *Not a problem after all.*  Renegade bdwrite finally found on Fedora 32
laptop.  In addition tested on Debian 11.0 32 bit and worked.

>> 3) Having verified that I am using the correct bdwrite, on all of the
>> aforementioned computers, get "unknown bluray audio format 0 ch" from line
>> 2469.  Something is missing.  Did apply
>> 0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch and uncommented
>> truehd profile line 865 in bdcreate.C.
>>

> yeah, 0ch is strange..
>
> will try to see how it work/fail on Slackware...

*Please let me know. * It does not work for me anywhere and once I stop
working on bluray, I probably will never get back to it.

>> 6) 32-bit Debian version 11.0 had a compile error in bdwrite, BUT I have
>> to check that out for sure.  That version/computer is a slow build so I
>> keep delaying.  Will let you know.
>>

> yeah, I will wait (no debian vm here..)

Whew! it compiled and *ran correctly this time*.  For some reason once in
awhile something does not compile and I just run again and it is OK --
probably me interfering somehow.  But with 32-bit on slow laptop, it takes
forever to get there.

>> 7) OK, so now you can change the interval for chapter, but how does a
>> user do that?
>>

> in theory by adding ' -c timeinterval in seconds' as argument {in addition
> to two other mandatory args} to bdwrite, manually for now...

"Theoretical" not working.  Testing this does not require the actual bluray
writer.  All one has to do is run BD Render under the File pulldown and
take the defaults.  Once done, you will see a directory in /tmp called
bd_20220423_time.  Inside this directory, there is a file bd.sh.  Edit this
file and on the bdwrite line, add the 3rd paramater.  I tried adding -c
45000, then 45000, then even c and always get " *cant scan media: c**"* or
instead of c, whatever I typed in.  It must be allowing for additional
media as the third parameter (and maybe a slew of media sources too).