[Cin] HDV with PCM audio as Blu-ray video burned to BD-RE discs

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 14:45:53 CET 2022

Den 10.12.2022 23:29, skrev Phyllis Smith:
> As recommended by Andrew, I have checked into the GIT for the Manual a
> new line about Audio transcode.  And a new line about calculating
> mkudffs size as Terje requested.
>
>     Thanks for your experiments, hopefully Phyllis will update manual
>     section before new year with new line about transcoding audio,
>     while leaving video intact.

IMO that seems good so far. Just to mention I've also got succesful
burning to BD-RE disc with dd.

A 'New Year’s resolutions' could be to clean up the manual's section
heading and beginning text, to take care of differences between HDV vs
AVCHD,
No wonder that this can be confusing, and I truly also earlier referred
to wikipedia's "For consumer use, HDV-sourced video can be delivered on
a Blu-ray Disc without re-encoding"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV#Distributing
http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-hdv-and-avchd/

And, an alternative could be a GUI optional route, typical using tsMuxer
and K3b burning on Linux, which would be comparable to this good, old
"Basic Guide for HDV to Blu-Ray" (on Windows)
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/284836-Basic-Guide-for-HDV-to-Blu-Ray