[Cin] Is UDF 2.5 or higher really required for Blu-ray video and BD burning?

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 20:14:39 CET 2022

Den 11.12.2022 19:43, skrev Phyllis Smith:

>     I wonder if someone can clarify if UDF version 2.5 or higher
>     really is required for creating and burning Blu-ray video to
>     VBD-discs(blu-ray video discs)
>
> The latest version of Fedora, i.e. version 36, has udftools version
> 2.3 and my laptop with Fedora 32 has udftools version 2.1.  Both have
> been and continue to work to create blu-ray discs by the CinGG method.

Yeah, that corresponds to the state on Leap/Tumbleweed.

I've also inspected a couple of other discs with udfinfo, discs that
works on my Samsung Blu-ray player:

This disc created with udftools 1.3 from Leap's main repo
label=LinuxUDF
lvid=LinuxUDF
vid=LinuxUDF
vsid=LinuxUDF
fsid=LinuxUDF
fullvsid=63890d51c6cae8fcLinuxUDF
owner=Linux mkudffs 1.3
organization=Linux udftools 1.3
contact=https://github.com/pali/udftools/
appid=*Linux mkudffs
impid=*Linux UDFFS
udfrev=2.01
udfwriterev=2.01

and this one created a year ago - I expect with tsMuxer, first as an
.iso image file (?) while the disc show udf version 2.5 (?)
udfrev=2.50
udfwriterev=2.50