[Cin] Creating AppImage

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:52:29 CET 2022

On Wednesday, February 9, 2022, mnieuw--- via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> 1. Change an AppImage.
> I have not tested re-compression, but as far as I know now an AppImage
> is a normal zip file with the internal layout specified. Can't you just
> zip the changed directory structure?

it seems appimage uses squashfs, not plain zip..

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64564820/how-to-use-appimagetool-to-create-package-to-run-on-older-linux

(see log there)

and there is header (script?) mounting image if you make it executable..
and this header somewhat limited to gzip-compressed squashfs?

https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/issues/1101