[Cin] Resource leaking and high memory usage

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 23:08:34 CET 2022

If I understand this correctly, this is how I would expect it to work:.

I have imported a bunch of 4K video's and created a proxy out of it. In
> that Cinelerra session my memory usage became 9.9GB. When closing the
> project and reopening it the totally used memory reduced. What to make of
> this?
>
> The first time videos are loaded in CinGG they will be put into memory as
much as possible and creating proxies will use even more memory as it is
manipulating the frames. The next time you load those videos, you don't
have to use as much memory because the work creating them is already
complete.  Any time something is in memory, it is just going to work better
and faster because it does not have to go get stuff off of the slower disks.