[Cin] Resource leaking and high memory usage

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Feb 21 23:33:20 CET 2022

On Monday, February 21, 2022 11:08:34 PM CET, Phyllis Smith via Cin wrote:
>> The first time videos are loaded in CinGG they will be put into memory as
> much as possible and creating proxies will use even more memory as it is
> manipulating the frames. The next time you load those videos, you don't
> have to use as much memory because the work creating them is already
> complete.  Any time something is in memory, it is just going to work better
> and faster because it does not have to go get stuff off of the slower disks.

Then an editing session with these files live should load the files
eventually, and cause the same memory usage. Personally I think it would be
better to memory map files that are of interest. In that case the OS could
choose where and when to put it into the main memory.

I'll check out the patches provided to see if goes better.

--
Stefan