[Cin] Analog DV Capture

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 03:34:55 CET 2022

I read and think I understood

    1) Preserving data and timecode
    2) But unsure what's new about 2) regarding max quality via usual
    firewire connection

First, this looks to be for Digital Video (DV/HDV, Digital8 not
mentioned) recorded on mini (H)DV tape cassettes.
And not for Analog Video(?) (VHSC/8mm/S-VHSC/Hi8/S-video) recorded on
tape cassettes the generation before that

The analog-digital convertersion, i.e Hi8 S-video to DV doesn't usually
preserve the analog recorded date and time code or RCTC.
Not advanced, but better than nothing I therefore used to manually
display (switch on) the time and date at the start of video sequences.

Discovered also an old post I have had about TC and RCTC ...
http://www.verycomputer.com/311_d1c132d0a14432ec_1.htm#p7

On Sunday, January 2, 2022, Andrea paz via Cin <cin at
lists.cinelerra-gg.org>